Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Wedding Stories

Wedding Tips
By Rev. Sally Franklin Christie, D. D.
Have fun.

An ad in the Yellow Pages is billed by the month and a book stays around my house anyway for a very long time. I think my spot is 20 bucks a month.

An ad placed on the weddings and engagement page of your local paper is a good bet. It targets your audience well. I do not know how it will turn out but I got an ad coming up in a wedding planner that is distributed at three events targeting brides and runs throughout the year electronically on my local paper's web site.

The Yellow Book closes the booking before I get half way through the talk about what I do and how.

I've done one emergency and one fake wedding already.

At one wedding when I pronounced the couple, the small candles went out and the Unity Candle stayed lit.

Gate keepers are people like photographers, party rental places, caterers, DJs and such who are likely to meet your client before you and can send them your way. Start finding them at Bridal Fairs and stay in touch, send them thank you cards for referrals and refer them to others in return.

I haven't had a booth at a bridal fair yet, but it is a good idea to visit the events and drop a card or two with vendors, take their cards and
keep contacting them. Maybe next year I'll get a booth.

Inside signs has three of my ads in bathroom stalls and I had my first call recently. They created an ad for me and I use variations of it on my business cards and other media. It pays to look the same and have a slogan.

A web site is good for information before a booking. Before hanging up you can send them to the site to gather info and questions for meeting.

*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have many classes in Christianity, one about Wicca, several forms of Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
You can  become an ordained minister, for free,  and for life, so use this Free Online Ordination, link.
This  online seminary, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment