Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wedding Stories

Aletta and Christo  
Married 2-20-99
I'm Aletta, 28, married to hubby Christo, 29.  Only married 7 months!! We had a dream come true medieval theme wedding. No real problems except if you count that we didn't say our vows properly, as the minister forgot to read them out loud!!! Now we plan to say them properly to each other on our first anniversary. Hubby had a white flowing shirt, velvet waistcoat with silver embroidering and a blue and black velvet cloak with black pants and riding boots.

He's an artist and enjoyed knowing that it would be a surprise to me! I had a surprise of my own. I 'planted' a sketch of a medieval dress with elaborate green, purple and gold in my flat, which he saw, as planned, and assumed to be my wedding dress. He actually wanted me to wear white and it was a real surprise to him when he saw me in the church after the wine red velvet cloak was taken off in a white chiffon dress cut medieval style!

The wedding was beautiful ... even if I say so myself. Really enjoyed it. We got married in an old medieval looking church and had our photos taken there and had our 'feast' there as well. Medieval style - no forks or spoons. One plate and a knife was all the guests had with a superb buffet finished off with fresh fruit and nutty wedding cake!

Now I miss the excitement of planning it last year at this time. I really enjoy organizing and plan to perhaps become a wedding planner.

*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have many classes in Christianity, one about Wicca, several forms of Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
You can  become an ordained minister, for free,  and for life, so use this Free Online Ordination, link.
This  online seminary, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar


No comments:

Post a Comment