Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Wedding Stories

The Joy of Duct Tape
One of the sisterhood (a super tight group of girlfriends I have, closer than family) was getting married some years back to her childhood sweetheart (we tease them about "rushing it" they had known each other for 14 years and had broken up and gotten back years later as adults).  Well, my friend asked all of us to be bridesmaids (not a bridezilla thing, she's a total softy who wanted everyone to feel included).  A few days before the wedding, I realize no one had thought to pack an emergency kit for the day of.  So I grab a spare purse and start throwing in everything I could think of.  Needle, thread, super glue, extra hose, a package of safety pins, scissors, clear nail polish etc...  Then I spy a role of duct tape and think "heck, you never know" and toss it in.

The day of the wedding, while everyone is gratefully making use of the emergency kit, my friends proceed to tease me about the duct tape.  I shrug and say "hey, duct tape fixes everything, it might come in handy".  Sure enough, halfway through preparations, J (fiance of one the bridesmaids and "go between" for bridesmaids and groomsmen's) knocks on the door of our dressing area and asks if we by chance have, quote, "some safety pins and duct tape"!  While the other bridesmaids grab a hold of furniture and howl with laughter I smugly hand J the requested items and simply state "told you so".  Turns out one the groomsmen had a broken belt and needed the duct tape to fix it.  I still get teased about that sometimes but I always point it, it got used!

*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have many classes in Christianity, one about Wicca, several forms of Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
You can  become an ordained minister, for free,  and for life, so use this Free Online Ordination, link.
This  online seminary, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar


No comments:

Post a Comment