Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wedding Stories

By Rev. Carol M. C. Duclos


Q: How'd your first wedding go?

A: Great! I used bits and pieces of several different ceremonies from a couple of books I got from the ministry. The bride and groom loved it, and I felt really good about it. Got real nervous when I realized they were going to tape it, but calmed down quickly.

I checked with the Secretary of State's office and the Health Department (Vital Statistics). Both indicated that as long as I was in good standing, I am able to perform wedding ceremonies in the State of Rhode Island. Filing the license was simple.

Last year I almost performed a wedding ceremony where the bride was wiccan and the groom a catholic. They ultimately decided that they were going to hold off on getting married. I did spend some time researching the wiccan religion. Never thought to look at the ULC website. That would have been an interesting ceremony to put together.

I am looking forward to doing more.

Carol

********************


Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site with wedding ceremonies to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment