Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wedding Stories

Funny Couple
By Rev. Amy Long
I had a funny wedding this weekend.


As I waited for the groom and the best man to walk down the aisle, I was chatting with the bride at a distance. When it seemed enough time had passed, I walked down the aisle as well. When I got there, there was no groom or best man to be found.


I looked in the front row...and there they sat!


They looked like guests waiting for the main event.


I said, "Did you want to get married today?" He said yes, so I said, "Then get up here!" He did and everyone laughed, including the best man, who continued to sit in the front row. I said, "And you are the best man, right?" He nodded and I told him to get up with me too.


Then when the bride walked down the aisle, gave her dad a kiss and had the groom shake hands with her dad, she leaned in to kiss him!


I jumped in with a bit of waving and a, "Hey, hey now. You're not married yet!"


It was a crack-up! They were a very amused couple and had a great day.

********************


Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site with wedding ceremonies to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment