Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Wedding Stories

Losing Power
I just did a wedding this weekend that was quite interesting. I was the DJ.

The bride and groom changed their first dance song at the last minute to a song that I didn't have. We found a substitute, but it still bothered me, so I looked through my CDs and found an unmarked one that I'd gotten from another wedding. I decided to go through it and to my surprise, #5 was their song!

Later, after the ceremony, we went back to the hotel to discover that there was no power in the building due to a short in the wiring. Ugh. The staff lit candles to eat by and I pulled out all my extension cords, ran them across the room, out the window, through the open lot and into the neighbor's kitchen.

The whole event was like that, but the bride and groom took it in stride and it turned into a success. The power was never completely restored so the guests had to stay elsewhere, but it all was a great experience in rolling with the flow.

*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have many classes in Christianity, one about Wicca, several forms of Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
You can  become an ordained minister, for free,  and for life, so use this Free Online Ordination, link.
This  online seminary, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment