Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wedding Story


Last night I performed a wedding for a Lutheran couple.  Honestly, it was a lot of hard work putting together the ceremony as I don’t know much about Lutherans.  I got a lot of information online and anything I was unsure of I ask them about.  They were really sweet as well as their families.  The ceremony was beautiful and they were very happy which made me very happy.  : )  I have a tender heart.  I was signing on the marriage license and overheard the bride tell one of the family members that they were going to the family Christmas party the following day since they had spent all their money on the wedding and they weren’t even going on a honeymoon.  I tried to give the money to the bride but she refused to take it.  So, sneaky me, I went to the groom.  I took ten bucks out to give to my brother for gas money but tucked the rest into his pocket and told him that I wanted them to go to the family Christmas party.  It was my wedding and Christmas gift to them.  He gave me a hug and said I was awesome.  : )  My husband was mad that I came home empty-handed but, in my heart, it felt like the right thing to do.  They were obviously not well off and I really wanted them to be able to spend time with their families for Christmas.  Seeing how happy they were made me so happy.  

Sincerely,
Jayne

********************

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment