Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Wedding Stories

This happened at my own wedding.  It is now one of my most treasured memories.  After my darling groom got up and made his speech (he has a very fierce stutter and we had 100 guests, so I was very proud - he said it so smoothly) he asked that my mum and dad come up to the front as he had a very special present for them.  he handed them a big box and asked them to open it in front of everyone.

They ripped off the lovely paper to find inside - a used VCR.  When we first started dating, my Dad's VCR broke.  My groom happened to have the exact same one, so he offered it as a loan to Dad until he got a new one.  My smart-alec father replied "how about we do a fair trade - I get the VCR and you can keep my daughter?"  He thought it was a very funny joke, eventually got a new VCR and returned groom's.

Fast forward 2 years to the wedding day, and the deal was kept.  He got the VCR and my groom got me.

Now it's a running family joke that I was a cheap bride....


********************

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment