Wedding Stories

This is a collection of wedding stories from Universal Life Church ministers who have performed them. Hopefully, you'll find some things to make you laugh and some tips to help you in your own wedding business.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Commitment Ceremony by Rev. Jackson

Commitment Ceremony
By Hope Jackson
Online Ceremonies
I developed what I called a "commitment " ceremony.
I live in a home with people who have different faiths from my own. As we wanted to commit to each other- and not step on any religious toes- the ceremony that I developed was as follows:

We had a simple red silk cord- and we tied the cord to the forearms of the people committing to each other- and asked them to declare their commitment to each other. The most frequent wording:

I promise to you- my partner, my friend, my mate
To care for you
Respect you
Trust you
And love you and whatever other vows the couple- or more than couple- wished to make.
It was good for an impromptu ceremony.





No comments:

Post a Comment